Sunday, September 1, 2013

Got Contentment?

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:11-13 NIV)

God is Faithful. This is literally what I have experienced Him to be. We all have or will have our God Experience (what we know Him to be due to experience), mine is His Faithfulness!

The past 8 years or so God has taught me so much about contentment and I'm excited to share with you! In the past month God moved very quickly in my life in an area that was years in the making (8  1/2). I want to shout it from the mountain tops: "God is Faithful, He has not forgotten you! Instead of focusing on the blessing or answered prayer focus on Him, Love Him and Worship Him in the process! He can't fail you!" The reason we get so frustrated and are not content is because we take our eyes off of God and on the situation. I honestly believe that one of the reasons I had to wait so long is because God was waiting on me. Uh huh, that's right: My heart was not right before Him and therefore I was not ready!

There were mornings, days and nights of tears, anger, frustration, fear, shame and guilt just to name a few.The enemy even had me wondering if I was doomed or cursed. He (the devil) is a liar and He just wants our focus to be off the Lover of our Soul: Jesus!

Whether desiring marriage, a new job, house, ministry opportunities, wanting to know your purpose, a breakthrough, etc.  God wants us to seek Him with all our hearts, not the "things", even though those "things" may be very important.

What I have to share with you is no formula and no 3 step plan to get your blessing or find contentment. In Phillipians 4:11, Paul shared that he has LEARNED to be content no matter what state or season He is in. I'd like to say that I am learning daily.

Just yesterday, I went to a bridal shower for a precious and powerful Sister in Christ who is getting married in November. As I was sitting there with tears in my eyes as she was sharing her testimony, I could not help but think: "God you are SO Faithful", with joy in my heart. It was not always this way though. Because I too desire to be married, going to bridal showers used to be hard for me. Although I was smiling at the shower or wedding, I would sometimes go home sad or fearful that it would never happen for me, I would cry out to God and say, "When is it my time"!?? Overtime, if we continue to cling to God (and sometimes we will fall), but just pick yourself up and say, "Lord, I'm not letting you get rid of me", lol! As if He really wants to get rid of us in the first place.

If you are weary and tired in your wait and you want to move ahead in areas of your life, if you feel like you can't take it anymore and you have reached your limit, I speak this over your life: "You shall not die, but live, and declare the works of The Lord" (Psalm 118:17).

I honestly believe contentment is found in the bumps, bruises and pains in life. Sometimes, we have to go through the fire a little longer than others because God has to do a work IN us. Trust God, it is far better to feel temporary pain in God's process with His covering, than to go outside His will and feel pain He never ordained for you to go through without His covering.

Love you all and I pray this helps and encourages somebody. I am praying for you! You too will be able to share what The Lord has done and encourage others to trust in His Love!

***If your wondering what God did for me recently, He opened the door for me to be a school counselor. Something I have wanted to do for a while now. After years of interviewing and praying and a whole bunch of other stuff, I saw the manifestation of His promise! Thank you Jesus!!!

***Check out the most recent praise and Worship video, Jehovah Nissi. This is a ministry that God laid on my heart. To go OUT and declare who He is to the world:  http://www.pixorial.com/watch/350c12caba034a365d639ad4200aee54

Love and God bless,

Lynnea


God Bless You,

Lynnea

1 comment: