Thursday, July 7, 2011

Single Season- "Lord this aint easy!"

*** Disclaimer: when I googled images for waiting I found this pic. I thought it was SO funny becauses sometimes this is how it feels, but if you ask me this is a picture of how NOT to wait! Lol.












I have to admit. One of the hardest, if not the hardest



things for me in my 20s has been my single season. I used to not even talk about it, because of the way it made me feel. As a woman (or man) that desires to be married and is of marrying age, it’s easy to feel burdened and pressured by what others say or what the norm is around you. Most, if not everyone desires companionship and it’s a good desire (just ask God He says so)! With ups and downs and even disappointments in relationships that we thought would lead into marriage and when you see others around you receive the very blessing or answered prayer, you have been praying for; it’s really a test of Faith.







God has laid on my heart to write a few blogs about this, as I know I am not alone in this. There is nothing new under the sun and God allows us to experience everything we do for and with a purpose.







I truly believe that if you have the desire to be married, that God will grant you that desire in HIS time. Some may disagree, but I can only share what the Lord has shared with me and that is if you delight yourself in the Lord, He will give you the desires of your heart (for this is His word)!







Let me share some of my testimony with you: Recently within the past 6 or 7 months, I realized I was previously living my life basically waiting to get married. For example, I would say things like “I’ll do this when I get married, I’ll wait to start that when I get married, I’ll only feel comfortable doing certain things in ministry until I get married”. Now hear my heart, I truly believe and honor the way that the Lord has set order in marriage, with God first, the man being the head of the house and the woman being the help meet. I think it’s beautiful. However, waiting on God does not mean sitting around in my bedroom, with the lights turned off in sackcloth and ashes waiting for my king to arrive! (Or like the women in the picture on this post) LOL. I laugh now, but this really is how I used to think: “If I’m not in a relationship something must be wrong with me and I need to find someone to get in one with quick, so that others will see that I’m wanted”. Or the famous one that the devil has tried to throw my way several times: “Lynnea, something must be wrong with you, that’s why you are not married yet”. Or “Your doomed now, your 28 and you’re not married, you mine as well throw in the towel”, The devil is a liar and there is no truth in him! He will have you so focused on your situation and not on God that it consumes you and you can’t even focus on doing what the Lord has called you to do in this season! Besides, God sent His only son Jesus Christ thousands of years so that I (and you too) could be redeemed and set free and HE IS THE King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. Hallelujah!







Actually, if we seek God during this season and ask Holy Spirit to reveal things to us about ourselves that need change He will. God has shown me things that had to be dealt with that would had been a problem in a marriage relationship. Just like the children of Israel, God does not want us getting to our promise with a slave mentality!!! Then we would just mess that thing up, no thanks I plan on being a helpmeet, not a hurtme wife!







I just want you to know, if you are out there brother or sister and you are discouraged about relationships and wanting to be married or being single in this season, take heart God knows and He cares about you SO much. He wants to bless you, but He wants YOU first. He wants to be your first love! Click here for part 2.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! Looks like she ran out of time! Dont let it happen to me! LOL! Thanks for the encouragement..God knows and He hears I know that to b true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does hear and know all. He just wants all of YOU first. Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete