Thursday, September 23, 2010

Child-like Faith, there is nothing like it!

Child-like Faith, there is nothing like it!!

Child-like Faith will make you dance!

Child like Faith will make you sing!

Child like Faith will make you obey!

Mark 10:15 15
Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."

Remember when you were younger and your parent would tell you they would do something for you and you believed them all the way up until they finally did it!? When I was a child I did not forget even what seemed as the simplest thing they promised me to do. “ Mom, remember you said you would take me to McDonald’s after school if I did good on my report card” or “Dad, you told me that we could get ice cream if I cleaned my room a week ago”? We did not forget what our parents promised us!

I even remember when my parents would promise to do something for me, I jumped up and down, skipped, screamed, laugh or smiled big out of excitement. They said that they would do it and I believed it. I did not wait until it actually happened to celebrate, because I believed!! This is the type of crazy, exciting, no doubt in our mind faith our heavenly Father wants us to have in Him today. If He said He would do it, He will do it!!

It seems that unfortunately, our Faith and Excitement changes as we get older. I think it’s because we have more “reasoning” skills and think deeper into things that are said or promised to us. We cannot think the things of God, that’s why He’s God. I’m not only talking about what He can do for us, but if we just read and believed His word, spent time with Him to really know Him, we will be able to better grasp how GREAT He is and have that childlike excitement and faith about Him. Just like a child that knows there father will protect them and to that child their father is the best things since sliced bread. That’s how we should think about our heavenly Father, when we are discouraged and down, we can just think about who we serve; AN AWESOME, AMAZING, GREAT, ALL POWERFUL, ALL LOVING, ALL ABLE, HOLY, MIGHTY, GOD (and that’s not even scratching the surface about who He is)!! That’s who our Dad is!! Doesn’t that just make you feel like jumping up and down and dancing and celebrating our Father as we did when we were young? When I think about it, I mean REALLY THINK ABOUT it, feel like dancing, singing, rejoicing in the Lord, no matter what things are like around me!

1 comment: