Sunday, September 12, 2010

Study to show thyself approved!




2 Timothy 2:15

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth".


Do you have a vision, a desire or a goal that you want to obtain? Something that you believe God has put on your heart to do for the Kingdom? That's great, you should! But my question for you and myself is: After the vision is established or written, What are you doing now??


Let me share something with you that happened today in church. Announcements were being made and I began to think about one of my desires to teach on a certain subject. I begin to complain to myself, saying. "But I really want to do this God, you know I have a heart to teach on this subject"! Then Holy Spirit responded right away, "You have to study it for yourself and put the time in it first before you teach it". How can I teach on something that I have not properly studied for?? Hmmmmm......


It's kinda funny because, so often we have these visions and dreams of doing something, at first we are eager to prepare for it, but many times as time goes by, we prepare for it less and less. We all know and quote the infamous scripture in Habakkuk 2 about writing down the revelation and making it plain, so that a herald may run with it. But it does not and cannot stop there.

Once the vision is written, there has to be a plan to get there, and although the Lord will lead you to it (Proverbs 18:16), we have to do our part too!


God is not going to put us in a place to do something for His Kingdom if we have not been obedient and prepared. We should place a high standard on all that we do for the Lord, because He is an Excellent God and deserves Excellent servants! If we do our part, our Father WILL take care of the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment