Tuesday, May 24, 2011

In the waiting room (P1)

Have you ever been at the doctor’s office or in a line for something or basically made an appointment and you had to sign in at the waiting room then sit down and wait for your name to be called? This is something I have experienced many times! Sometimes I get seen right away, sometimes I have to wait a little while then I get called, then there are other times where it seems to me like it’s taking far too long. In these moments, I normally start questioning if I maybe missed my name being called or if they forgot about me or I even go up to the front desk letting them know “I’m still here……waiting”! Don’t even get me started about when we start seeing other people get their names called and you think to yourself, “Now, I know I was here before they were”!!! Lol, it’s kinda funny how we can behave while waiting, but it is not easy or desired most of the time. However, the bible gives us some instruction on waiting and does not really make it seem like a bad thing to do. I mean, truth be told we all are waiting for something even if it’s for tomorrow to come.

Habakkuk 2:3 For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.

Isaiah 40:31 But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

Lamentations 3:25 The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.

Psalm 52:9 I will thank you forever, because you have done it. I will wait for your name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly.

Now, these scriptures have some precious promises from our Lord! However, what’s really most important is WHAT we are waiting on or WHO we are waiting for. When we wait on people or even things to happen we will become frustrated often. But when we wait in the Lord who is our peace, our joy, our provider, our King that’s when we are able to rest in waiting for Him.

Who knows anyway, your name may be the very next one to be called!

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. Many times we get frustrated because we see others being called before us. But I have learn to wait patiently on Lord. We He calls persons before us it's because they are ready. When our name isn't called it does not mean He will never call our name, but He still is preparing us for the assignment. Thank you for the meditation. Elder Diane

    ReplyDelete